Having issues but you're not quite sure what's happening? Try some of these!
- Make sure Chrome is up to date and you have the Google Cast app installed :) Here's a link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-cast/boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd?hl=en
- Something going wrong that didn't before? Type chrome://restart into your address bar and reboot your router
- Buffering? Try moving your router closer to the chromecast, and also see if .mp4 files play better! Some file types are harder to play than others! (Also check out our other buffering tips under 'Buffering Issues')
- Certain files giving you trouble? Try them out in VLC and if they play fine there please let us know!
- If Videostream keeps casting the tab instead of your video, use the apps page in Chrome to open Videostream instead of the apps launcher
- No Chromecasts found? Try rebooting the computer and if that doesn't help, try disabling antivirus, it messes with the chrome extension!
- Having audio trouble? Make sure your audio setting in Videostream is set to Default (stereo), and double check in chrome://plugins that your native client is listed and enabled!