Here's some things to try:
- To solve firewall issues for Mac check out this handy support link: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201642
- In the Advanced Settings -> Allowing Specific Applications section, add Chrome so that Videostream network connections can work.
- Also do you have any additional Antivirus software, VPN, or firewalls on your Mac or router?
- Do you live in an apartment building or near lots of other neighbours (and their routers)? Sometimes Wifi interference can be a big issue, try using this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en) to see if your network is running on the same channel as a lot of other local networks. If so, then changing to a less used channel may help a lot!
- Do you use Chrome on multiple user accounts or use two versions of Chrome? Videostream can only be running on one instance of Chrome per computer. If you have multiple accounts try making sure Chrome is fully quit or completely logging out when switching users. If you're using multiple versions of Chrome try uninstalling Videostream from the versions you don't regularly use so that Videostream is only installed and running on one version of Chrome.