Here's some things you can try to fix it:
- Do you have Adblock or a VPN installed on your phone? These tend to block the ports that Videostream uses to connect the remote app to your computer.
- Have you tried our firewall repair tool? https://github.com/GetVideostream/VideostreamPortFix/releases/download/1.0.5/VideostreamNetworkRepair.exe
- The firewall utility (above) only fixes windows defender and firewalls that copy its preferences (about half of them) do you run any other firewall? If you do we need TCP ports 5556 and 5558 open! Also check to make sure any antivirus you run doesn't also package in a firewall, they're tricky like that ;) I can help if you let me know which antivirus and firewall you have installed :)
- Do you have a funky network setup with multiple routers, access points, or a separate modem and router? Make sure your computer and phone are connected to the same device, otherwise they won't be able to find each other.
- Make sure your wifi is set to "private" or "home"!
- Finally, try restarting your computer, router and Chromecast. Sometimes that's all you need to do to get it working!